How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I worked for Man Power Employment agency for a while I am 19

Customer Question

I worked for Man Power Employment agency for a while I am 19 and was earning 40 pounds for 12 hour work cleaning car parks or cleaning tables in cafe. I refused the last two jobs as I realised I was being underpaid. I recently applied for a job elsewhere and sent my .c...v to the person who would employ me. He has since told me that Manpower gave me a bad reference and they would not employ me. Are agency's who under pay their staff allowed to give bad reference.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

You may have a claim against Manpower if it gave a misleading, false or inaccurate reference about you which has resulted in you not being employed.

Manpower should not have given a bad reference about you simply because you complained to them about being underpaid.

You will also have a claim against Manpower for being underpaid.

It will be for you to show that you have been underpaid and given a bad reference I.e. The onus of proof lies on you.

Hope this helps