How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had an sp30 driving ticket sent through. I have paid the

This answer was rated:

I had an sp30 driving ticket sent through. I have paid the fixed penalty on line and I sent off my drivers licence to have the points put on. I have checked my bank statement and the fine came out. I've just had my original licence come back saying I am going to be taken to court?!?! Any reason why??? I have 3points on my licence from 2012 already and 3 points from 2009 which I believe will be exempt now

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

What was the speed and what was the limit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was 42 in a 30

I think probably that the reason they have revoked the offer is that the speed its too high for it to be appropriate.

In fairness, its only just over so I'm surprised they bothered to revoke but there you have it.

The guidelines for anybody doing over 40 mph in a 30 mph zone are 4-6 points or a ban of between 7 -28 days and a fine. That can only be levied at court so that is why they have summonsed you.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do they offer a fixed penalty in the first place?
Probably because they didn't check your speed.

It happens quite often.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** likely to happen next? They have taken the £100 from my account alreday
They should refund that. If they don't then it will be deducted at court.

You just wait for a summons. Half the time they forget to do it and then they are time barred.

if they do remember then you can always plead by post. You will only 4 points and a fine.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you