How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

A friend of mine is considering marrying her partner. Her partner

This answer was rated:

A friend of mine is considering marrying her partner. Her partner has a child with his ex. My friend and her partner pay CSA for the child. They are looking at getting married. In the event that my friend's partner were to predecease her would his wife as beneficiary of the estate have an obligation to keep paying CSA for the child?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
As a widow you will no longer have any responsibility to the CSA - but if the child is still under 18 and no provision has been made within the Will then the child can make a claim on the estate for financial provision
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you