How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my wifes son has commited suicide,is there anywhere we can

Customer Question

my wifes son has commited suicide,is there anywhere we can get financial help with the funeral costs?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear this.

Your wife may be able to claim a Funeral Payment from the Government which she can do if she is currently receiving a qualifying benefit e.g. income based job seekers allowance, housing benefit etc.

She needs to complete this claim form and take it to the local Job Centre Plus:

or she may post it to:

Balham Benefit Centre
Mail Handling Site A
WV98 1HJ

She may also speak to the Bereavement Service helpline
Telephone: 0345 606 0265

to see if she qualifies for any other financial help.

Hope this helps