How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a 59 y old veterinary surgeon and a pay day company called

This answer was rated:

I am a 59 y old veterinary surgeon and a pay day company called Lending Stream claim that in 2012 they lent me money for which I have not repaid. I have reported it as identity fraud and obtained my Experian credit report. Lending stream appear to have Lent the money based on my name and address only. They do not have my email or date of birth but having contacted their fraud department they have my mobile telephone number. The date of birth quoted on the lending transaction from Experian gives a date of birth which is not mine. I have not requested or received money from Lending Stream. After a lot of difficulties I have spoken to their fraud dept ? (Call centre India etc) they say I need to complete a form. They wished to email it to me but I requested it was posted . Nothing after 6 weeks. My question is is it safe to give them my email and date of birth to clear the issue up or could they just insert this information in their records. I am unlikely in the future to need credit but a new bank account is currently impossible
Many thanks Nick

It may help if you get your solicitor to write them a letter, pointing out the fact that you have not borrowed any money from them and to send your solicitor proof that it is indeed you who borrowed the money e.g. produce the loan agreement signed by you. They will not be able to do this.

You should then get the credit reporting companies (Experian) to remove this record from your credit record by filing a dispute with them.

I would not give them your email and date of birth and let them correspond with your solicitor.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you