How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was sharing apartment with a lady and she asked me and my

This answer was rated:

I was sharing apartment with a lady and she asked me and my wife to leave whilst I have paid for that month. The landlord came in with the matter and the lady promised to refound the money and the additional 20 pounds she is owing me already. She is been tossing me and now does not respond to my calls anymore. I need an advice how to get my
money back.

2) My wife is having problem with her right knee and therefore cannot work at the moment so she may support and I need advice on how to apply for this. Anthony Amoah

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

How much are you owed please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

300pounds the lady own me


I can help with the first issue but the second is dissimilar so you will need to ask another question on that.

I presume that she did not have the permission of the landlord to sublet let?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tenacy agreement was in her name and she asked the land lord to change into my name because she was not able to pay for the rent.


Did the landlord agree to that before you moved in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please what information do you need again? Why can'"t you state the information you need so that I provide you once in order not to waste time? Are you helping me to get my money back or you cannot? I paid for the rent 01/05/14 and on the 10/05/14 I was told to leave the house and my question is can I take my money paid for the rent back according to law?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, he agreed and signed and a copy is with me


How much does she owe please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

300pounds total


If you are on the tenancy agreement then I'm not sure why the other tenant is keeping your deposit anyway and certainly why she thinks she can give you notice.

In any event, that has happened.

You are entitled to the money back. Whether or not there are any issues with you they are not for her to pursue. They are for the landlord.

You need to send her one letter threatening to sue and seek costs and interests from her. Maybe that will work. Maybe not.

If it doesn't then you need to sue here

On these facts you will win.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you