How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My domestic worker has run away I have reported the crime

Customer Question

My domestic worker has run away
I have reported the crime online to uk gov website as a lawyer friend helped me
She absconded and didn't tell us of any plans as we just renewed her visa
She took a lot of stuff from our home and has been reported by social services to police in our special child abuse case

She has been with us for 6 years
And everything was open
The bank account I was putting her salary in had dual cards
And we both had access to it as I was saving up for her ILR to help her reach the finances

When she left she had changed the account but I was not aware
I was worried about her diss appearance as I was responsible for her upkeep and safety
I went to her account ATM
When the card got confiscated I got worried
As I was unaware of her whereabouts and safety I asked Barclays to freeze her account

I have opened up the account for her and there was an awful lot of mutual a trust
She started blackmailing us by forcing her to support her husband immigration into uk on our paper work

When we refuse to give in on the dates she wanted she planned the run away with all our documents

And money

She is blackmailing my husband she will report me to police as I tried to freeze her account I only did to defend her as she might be in wrong hands and to see if she has withdrawn all the money and left for Dubai where her husband is working and she is planning to bring him from

I went to police they were vvv nasty
Social services have a child abuse case on her
I have reported her as immigration crime to gov uk website

If she has changed employers without my knowledge or consent as she had a 8 week notice period what action I can take

She took each and every document which had her name on it with her
And all my husbands paper work to bring her husband

I ve lost not only money but 6 year old trust as well
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is it you would like to know about this please?

JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : I need to know given the scenario what legal action can I take to stop her illegally bringing her husband into uk as she has my paper work I don't want her to use it to forge anything
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : police isn't helping to talk report to home office I m fed up Alex as if has shook my entire house hold
Alex Watts : Yes. Just so that I am clear have you reported this to UKBA?
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : Yes I did please help
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : a friend send me a link
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : report immigration crime on website
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : now how effective efficient they are I don't know if she has already changed employer before absconding I don't know
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : I can't call a number just filled in a form there is a police report of special needs child abuse under investigation
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : Now the problem is she has a Philippine lawyer at her side
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : She has been with me for 6.5 years so we had a relationship all of the stuff was open and even our bank accounts
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : She even has a Dubai residency visa when she disappeared I was so worried I didn't know what to do I went to check all bank accounts including hers if she has withdrawn all money and fled the country the account was on her name and she knows money was mine to help her get her husband eventually over she is accusing me of accessing and freezing her account
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : I didn't withdraw any money I froze the account as she was missing and we had dual cards I wanted to check where is she and what is she upto and I did tell police why I froze account as I was worried she is in trouble as she was missing and someone might take her money I did ask Barclays to open it on presentation of original documents
JACUSTOMER-r7lms5fl- : well my money is gone but I don't want paper work to be used as she has my husband letter of supporting her case to bring her hubby and I m no longer her employer so where do I report it to