How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am an ex offender I was convicted and charged with GBH, s

Customer Question

I am an ex offender I was convicted and charged with GBH, s 18, on 20/8/09, against the man who raped me on 26/11/03, I was released on 20/8/13, I am on licence. I wrote to my local MP in March this year to aske Fulham police to re-open my rape and assault case which happened in 2003. a detective came to see me in my flat on 6/4/14, as soon as I told him I am ex-offender I explained to him some of the offence of what happened and how I ended in prison, looked like he didn't respect me or didn't looked at me as a rape victim, he didn't call me since but on 13/6/14 called me if I was in mental hospital and was speaking very fast I couldn't understand his English well and I was scared of that he might fail my case like the first detective did to me on 4/12/03 .

I went to the police on 4/12/03 alone, the detective was male and told me had no female examiner nor photographer on that day the detective was alone with me then he told me to go to my local GP, I went to my GP on 5/12/-3, after few days he called me home to tell me that I had STI then I had an appointment to go to sexual health clinic on 19/12/03, the Dr examined me and wrote it down. after one month still the detective didn't take my case seriously, then on 9/4/04 he called me home told me that cps didn't take the case to trial no further action to be taken, I was absolutely devastated I told him YOU didn't take me seriously from the start, he never gave me any advice of what can I do or what to do, I have a lot information about the man who raped me and I with to take it to the police but I have no confident that they will be kind with me or to respect me or to believe me. I am very scared if this time they will fail me like the way they failed me in 2003/04.
I called Hammersmith and Fulham CAB they advised me to take a solicitor with me.
now I don't know which kind of solicitor to find and will they accept my case and to come to with to police. please help me
thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need you to find me a solicitor to come with me to the police, and to find out why the police in 2003/4 didn't take me seriously and didn't do full investigations and didn't contact my GP nor the sexual health clinic called John Hunter clinic, while I gave all the details to the detective in 2003.

and as I mentioned that now the police are re-opening my case but I am scared to go police alone after what they did to me in 2003 they didn't believe me and didn't take me seriously now I cannot go to police anymore alone, and I am since 2009 became an ex-offender I don't think the police will believe me or respect me anymore, I need the right solicitor to take my case and to represent me please

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I cannot find you a solicitor. This is a question and answer site.

I can give you general information about your situation.

I'm not sure what you want a solicitor to do though? You are seeking to get them to reopen your allegations from 2003 made against a man that lead to your conviction?