How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I wish to pursue a complaint about a private business owner

This answer was rated:

I wish to pursue a complaint about a private business owner who as acted unethically in her role as a Chair of an IEB. Who do I direct my complaint to?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply. !
Alex Watts : Could you clarify what IEB is please?

Intrim Executive Board

Alex Watts : What industry sector please?


Alex Watts : In short, what do they do and what is it they have failed to do?

she is brought in to investigate schools for procedural and professional conduct. She has formulated a report on a member of staff without considering my evidence. this member of staff has now been referred to the debarring agency as ms robbins report was inaccurate and incomplete.


she has now written to me with a gagging order.

Alex Watts : But has the order been granted by the court?

no by her alone

Alex Watts : On what basis can she gag you?

because she does not want me to share my evidence of the situation - she has threatened me with legal action.


who do i complain to??

Alex Watts : legal action on what basis?

that i share what i know of the situation.


who do i direct me comlaint to Alex?

Alex Watts : Do you want to change her decision a out
Alex Watts : about the report?
Alex Watts : Are they a member of a professional body?

she did not take into account my witness testimony which would have disproven the staff members guilt?

Alex Watts : Are they a member of any professional body?

she works as a private consultant and is an member of the Interim executive board

Alex Watts : So this sector is not regulated by anyone?

that is what i need to know?

Alex Watts : ok, you have no cause of action. all you can do is complain to the council.
Alex Watts : If they won't do anything it will be the person who is the victim would be able to take action.
Alex Watts : they would be able to issue proceedings and seek a declaration from the court that the decision is wrong.
Alex Watts : But you can't do this as you are not a party or suffered a loss
Alex Watts : Only the victim can do this.
Alex Watts : It would involve going to court and getting a judge to declare the original decision was wrong.
Alex Watts : However she can't stop you from doing anything.
Alex Watts : She can't stop you saying anything to anyone,
Alex Watts : She can threaten court but you would be asked to go before a judge and make representations.

are you sure?

Alex Watts : So these are empty threats.

great news - thank you ...

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you?

am i bale to come back to you at another time?



Alex Watts : Of course.
Alex Watts : you can always post a new question and ask for me

thank you.

Alex Watts : But if this answers the question might I invite you to rate my answer.
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you