How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

My 2 Sisters and I are hoping to become executors of my lates

Customer Question

My 2 Sisters and I are hoping to become executors of my lates fathers estate as the bank has suggested we take it over, also we are applying for deputyship over my mother who has recently been placed into a home because she has dementia. Can I be a deputy or an executor as I have ccjs which have all been satisfied and are over 12 years old.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Simply having satisfied CCJ's on your record will not prevent you from becoming a personal representative for either your mother or your father's estate. Also if they are 12 years old it is possible they wont even be on your credit record anymore.

As a very general rule of thumb, there tends only to be an issue if the personal seeking to be appointed is an undischarged bankrupt or has some previous criminal conviction for a dishonest crime.

Can I assist any further?

Kind regards