How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British Citizen living between the UK and Barbados.

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen living between the UK and Barbados. I am a widow and almost two years ago underwent a quadruple by pass heart operation. I have a partner who is also a widow and a citizen of Barbados. We got engaged last year and although marriage is not imminent for no particular reason we live as man and wife. I depend on my partner who cares for me much as a carer would administering my medication, driving me from place to place in many cases to physicians who attend to my medical condition. My concern is she visits the UK on the basis of a visitor qualified for a stay of up to 6 months in any 12 month calendar period. I am now finding I need to return to the auK for medical treatment on a regular basis and I am concerned as a result of my dependency on her it may result in the sixth month restriction leaving me vunerable and forcing us to live apart from time to time which would not only be an emotional experience for both of us but would deprive me of the care, love and support she provides to our relationship. Can we overcome these problems. I am in a position to keep and provide for her. Are there any positive steps I can take to resolve my dilemma. Medical evidence and can be provided regarding my condition and excellent credentials can also be provided for my loving partner.
With kind regards ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If you have lived together as a couple for more than 2 years, she may apply for a settlement visa as your unmarried partner.

Further details here
And here

May I help further?