How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Another item for prayer. You know I am not good at making decisions!

This answer was rated:

Another item for prayer. You know I am not good at making decisions! My neighbour of adjoining house came round Monday night. He wants to rejoin BT but BT say line to the house needs replacing. (Wire goes to a junction between the two houses and I’m only user at present). It would mean digging up his paved forecourt and/or wall he built over it. So, he wonders if I would have the wire come my side, where it is lawn. Seems sensible on his part and any real issue? Should last 50 years so I shouldn’t have to have my front dug up again even if I had it paved. But would be on my or any future house owner's land.

I said OK, but late last night dropped him a note to say, put it on hold until I think of implications. A BT engineer came round to explain what is done. He managed to me to sign permission to come onto my land. I did write 'pending my agreement'. (Wished I hadn't signed). BT now want me to give an answer by tomorrow.

Do I have to respond so quickly? Can they go ahead with signed form?

The document you signed did say "pending my agreement" and you could inform BT that you do not agree.

You can also tell BT that you are unable to let them know by tomorrow, they cannot pressure you into giving an answer so quickly and that you will take advice and revert to them at your convenience.

You may also say no! It is your land and your choice.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you