How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I am initiating a divorce as the petitioner, and there

Customer Question


I am initiating a divorce as the petitioner, and there has been multiple back and forth between me and the court because of some changes required in the documents. I have had to make a change in the place of marriage because I wrote "Evry, Essonnes, France" instead of just Evry. I didn't think that specifying the county and country would create that outcome... I have made the change, and paid the price for reprocessing my request, and court is asking me to send a new D80B that refers to the amended petition at paragraphs 1,2,3 and 5. I have sent the the D80B, however it still does not meet their expectations. I need to know what I should write on the document to make that reference to the petition? Your help is much appreciated.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What does the note from the court actually say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thé note says "The Petitioner's form D80B again fails to refer to the amended Petition at paragraph 1, 2, 3 and 5. It must do so"

What I have done:

Ticked divorce and Yes at question 1
Ticked Yes at question 2 with comment|
Place of Marriage: Evry
New address of the respondent from 1st of May: xxxxx
Ticked Yes at question 3 no comment
Ticked No at question 5 and date 15/07/2013

The change of address was not specified in the petition as it happened after my change.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
If you look at the form - on the printed parts, everywhere it says Petition add in the word "amended" in from of it
That is what they are asking for
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does the color of the pen matters, because I think that for the petition red needed to be used?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
There is no need to do so - but it does show that you have done it!