How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have bought a Peugeot 308 in 2009,in the summer 2012,car

Customer Question

I have bought a Peugeot 308 in 2009,in the summer 2012,car was still under warranty,air conditioning stopped working,I took my car to the garage where I bought the car for repairing .The AC system has been filled with cooling agent and it started working,unfortunately ,in the same summer we/my family and me /went on holiday for nearly two months ,next year was the same scenario,this year we have tried to use our AC but it did not worked again ,I took the car to the same garage,AC was filled again ,I have paid for this,but after 3 days it did not working again!I took the car again in to the same garage they said service will be free of charge but if they need to replace something I have to pay,and I expect they will charge me for the refilling the system with the cooling agent as well!My question is if this problem have been detected when the car was still under warranty ,and has not been fixed properly do I need to pay for this repairing ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you know the cost of repair please?
JACUSTOMER-0zr1gttl- : is 70pounds ,I dont know whedher they top up some VAT on it,

Alex Watts : Yes it should have been detected and indeed they may be in breach of section 13 of the Sale and supply of goods and services act 1982 that states they must act with all reasonable skill and care.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: