How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34899
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I had to take my Wife to Hospital in1989/1990 when she started

Customer Question

I had to take my Wife to Hospital in1989/1990 when she started acting strangely and suffered from loss of memory. After examining her I was told I could take her home as there was nothing wrong with her. I said sorry but you can keep her until you find out what was wrong. After two week she was called in and the Doctor said Mrs Wright there is nothing wrong with you other than you are allergic to the coating of a drug you are taking called Trimipramime and you must never take again. Over the last months she has suffered once again with similar symptoms.
I do not intend grant my son Power of Attorney as I regard myself as my wife's main Carer especially as the other day he asked me whether I minded if he rang my doctor himself and I said I did object. We have received recently a copy of a letter to our Doctor in which they state when a review of her case at the Bridgeways Day Therapies took place present was her son and care coordinator.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you say what you would like to know about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clare, so sorry I could not respond yesterday, I suffer from Diabetes, Parkinson's and a trapped nerve. Unfortunately I fell in the Garage yesterday and hurt myself but feel better today. I think my question should have been "I am Carer to my wife but can my son be referred to, in a letter to my Doctor, as her son and care coordinator if I have not and will not issue a Power of Attorney to him. I hope this makes sense.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is nothing wrong with that description.
It would have only been incorrect had it been suggested that he had authority to decide contentious issue son his mother's behalf.
Care Co-ordinator does not denote and decision making powers
Unless you hold Power of Attorney for your wife - or have been appointed as her deputy - then your son is entitled to speak to her doctor as well
Please ask if this doe snot deal with the point you were concerned about!