How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a county court judgement against someone who admitted

This answer was rated:

I have a county court judgement against someone who admitted debt etc.
The court determined that I should be paid £1570.00 by instalments of £74.76 per month.
The defendant has now decided that he wont pay me and told me to do whatever it is I have to!
I believe I can pay yet more money to request a warrant but I'm not convinced the person (who lives with his mum) can pay me.
can I request debt id deducted at source or how can I get my money?
any help would be gratefully received
thank you
shaun crosby

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Is he working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes as a carer in a local nursing home I believe

Thank you.

This is obviously about enforcement of your CCJ and I won't pretend that that is as easy as getting the original judgement.

If this is a person in work then you can always apply for an attachment to his earnings so that the sun is deducted automatically. This sum would seem suitable and then the matter would be taken out of his hands.

Of course, the difficulty with that is that he may just give up work. People do that sometimes. If he does then you will have to look at other options but that hasn't happened so far and this is probably the safest method of getting the money.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo,

Guess this isn't going to be easy sadly and very annoying people can get away with things like this!

Do i apply for the attachment when filling in the request for warrant (N323)?



They get away with it because creditors just give up and get on with their business!

Form N337 here
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will the court demand the address details of his employer as he won't tell me?

not necessarily the address but at they will need the details of his employer

The court can always order that he attends court to give this information.