How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am trying to insure an unoccupied property which is on the

Customer Question

I am trying to insure an unoccupied property which is on the market for sale at the moment.
I contacted one company earlier who wouldn't insure it as i have an ongoing insurance claim for a water leak at my home residence.
Is this standard policy that companies will not insure a property if there is an ongoing claim,even if it does not relate to the property in question, or should i keep trying to find a company that will ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest that you keep looking around for an insurer who will cover the property.

Different insurers have different rules.

Hope this helps