How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

What can i do if anyone put a case on me ?

Customer Question

What can i do if anyone put a rape case on me ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi alex

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me what's going on?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

M a bar manager n 1 girl from our same company came for a drink on our bar after finishing the shift n she got drunk n i stoped her from drinking more and she started flirting with me n she said she like me n loves me n want to work with me n she pulled me in s toilet n started kissing me and we tryed to have sex n she was drunk n i said lets do it next time bcoz she couldnt even stand on her feet n she said shez going home next day today she complained on me

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Have the police got involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ya they called me and said we dont want to arrest u but they took my details

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

1. If the police want to interview then you should go; otherwise they may come and arrest you.

2. You need to take a solicitor. This is free of charge under the legal aid scheme.

3. Your solicitor will advise whether you should answer questions. If what you did was consensual (e.g. with her consent) then you should tell thr police.

4. But if she was so drunk that she could not consent then you may have a problem. The law says someone very heavily intoxicated might not be a consenting party.

5. Once you've given your explanation the police will investigate to if there's any other evidence which proves that you did or did not commit an offence.

6. If charged you will have to go to court where you can plead your innocence.

7. If found guilty a prison sentence is likely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They called me tomorrow but its sunday i cant find the solicitor n she knowz that she had sex with me but she was ok but i dont understand her weather she did it to put me in trouble or to get the job there bcoz i said to her there are no vacancys for now so when i go there should i tell them all this what happened ? N if i found guilty how much iwill be prison sentence for ? N can i settel this with money with that girl or any other way ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But the problem is she cant remember how she went home or who reached her home but is there any way they can test this that wheather we had sex or no how do they judge it do they do a test for both of us ir should i tell the fact that she wanted a job ?

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
1. Which area do you live?

2. If you are in London then I can suggest a firm.

3. She may have a motive to lie - its impossible to say.

4. You cannoy settle these things with money. If you make such an offer you could end up in more trouble.

5. If found guilty the sentence will be prison and will be around 5 - 7 years.

6. The police may have done forensic tests and may ask you for samples of blood, hair, saliva to make comparisons.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ya i live in london

Area is hendon

Can u suggest me something

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Ring 07 699 753 011 and they will arrange a solicitor for you immediately, free of charge under legal aid. The firm is based in Wood Green, North London.

Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer and I will discuss matters if needed.