How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I work for Hampshire County Council in a primary school.

Customer Question

Hi I work for Hampshire County Council in a primary school. I am currently on a contract covering maternity leave - the person on maternity leave will not be coming back as she has moved some distance away. The contract has been on a rolling 3 month basis and it has been extended to 31 August. I started on this contract on 28 June last year so I will have been on a contract 14 months. At my recent review I was told I was very good at my job but they feel sometimes my body language and pitch of my voice suggest I am not happy - this was news to me - I love it? Where do I stand, I would love the job to become permanent! Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

They may keep extending your contract for a maximum of 4 years after which you become permanent by law.

You may inform them that you love your job and would like to be employed permanently.

May I help further?