How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi my name is***** am Norwegian my children are

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** am Norwegian my children are British and so is my two grandchildren whom are mixed race. For over 40 years here in England I have on occasions have to put up with raciest remarks towards myself - but I have always been able to laugh it off. However yesterday a very unpleasant situation for me happened in my local pub. Some one from a village 78 years old man that took a shine to me 5 years ago but I turned him down has continued to write dis-casting letters and even grouped me once saying I was putting on weight - the fact he touched me really did upset me and I in no uncertain terms told him to never do that again. I have since on a few occasions passed him in town - last time with my two wonderful grandchildren -yesterday I had a nice time meting up with friends - he was sitting by a table with his to also similar age to himself - as I have to walk pass them to join my friends out in the garden he started loudly talking to me in not a very nice way -ARE YOU STILL WITH THAT f**kING CACOON - all got very quiet - I looked at him and said calmly I had no idea what he was talking about. The landlady told them to leave - the point is for me though I acted in a non re actionable way I could not sleep last night. This raciest remark involve the fact my grandchildren are mixed race and he knows that. I want to stop this once and for all but how?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Anne,

I would suggest that you report this person to the police for harassment, it is a criminal offence and it only takes 2 or more contacts with you for his actions to constitute harassment.

Once he gets a visit from the police, he should stop.

May I help further?