How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning. I have a son I dont see and im paying the CSA

Customer Question

Good morning.
I have a son I don't see and im paying the CSA £130 a month, since I'm of mixed race and the boy is white blue eyed and blonde haired is there any way I can get the CSA to grant me a DNA test? I asked the CSA back in 2008 and was basically told if my names on the birth certificate I have no grounds! I also asked the mother if i could have a DNA test back in 2008 and was given a very abusive responce which set of a few alarm bells! The boy looks nothing like me in features not only in eye and hair colour, I would just like to no that if I'm paying for the boy im at least his father.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
It is too late to get a DNA test via the CSA.
However you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order and within that ask the court to Order a DNA test.
The court can enforce this request in a number of ways - but you do need to be aware that you will have to pay the cost of the test