How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My nabour has employed a contractor to make alterations to

Customer Question

My nabour has employed a contractor to make alterations to a boundary fence which is on my property they have done this without my permission, would you please advise me as to what action I can take
Regards ***** ***** Sinker
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Has your fence been damaged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At present the fence has not been put back they are still working on it

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You may do one or both of the following:

1) report the matter to the police if your neighbour has pulled down your fence without your permission as this could be criminal damage

2) get a solicitor to write a letter to your neighbour holding him responsible for your fence and asking him not to touch it again without your consent. You may also make a claim for damages to reinstate your fence in the same condition it was in before.

May I help further?