How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My mother has left £60, 000 for my and my brother to put in

This answer was rated:

My mother has left £60, 000 for my and my brother to put in trust for my younger brother who has Down's syndrome . My question is do we have to declare it to income support and the local authority as he lives in supported living ?

Yes, this money must be declared to the local authority and DWP.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you