How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 865
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Hi, I suffer with pain in my lower back and has worsened

Customer Question

Hi, I suffer with chronic pain in my lower back and has worsened over the last 4 years. This is due to my employer not providing me with a duty of care. They left me in a manual position which included lifting, pulling and pushing. I never even had a manual handling course until I had been there 4 years or so. I had an accident at work over 6 years ago and my doctor said it may have started from this but I am awaiting the data from my company. I never claimed compensation as I never put the two together at the time. I want to see if I have any case. I was working half shifts but my manager told me not to return to work as they can't find me a suitable role that doesn't aggravate my back and because of that I am not earning any money. They had 4 years to help me and now they talk like it's all my fault. I am stressed and worried and don't know where to turn next, can you help me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 4 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this but I do need a bit more information. What job is it that you have been doing? How long did you do it for? How old are you and are you still able to work despite the back pain?

JACUSTOMER-99t09o5c- : Hi I work in a pharmaceutical production job. I am a line operator and have worked there for 9 years, I am 32 years old. I am not able to work my full 12 hours anymore due to pain levels reaching unmanageable levels. I saw the company doctor who said I would not get better in that job, ever. The company haven't had any meetings or discussions with me just told me not to come back until they know how they can support me.
LondonlawyerJ :

I am in court at the moment but will get back to you this afternoon.

LondonlawyerJ :

Ok what you should do is get advice from a specialist personal injury lawyer. If you are a union member then they may have a firm that they refer people to. You have suffered an injury at work and it looks like your employer may very well be responsible. You may well have a claim for compensation for damages arising out of injuries suffered as a result of your employer's breach of employer liability rules and or negligence. You should follow this link to go to the website of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers "find a lawyer" section and click on the accident at work and spinal injury links to find a solicitor local to you who specialises in this sort of thing.

LondonlawyerJ :

You will almost certainly be able to get a free initial consultation and very likely, if your case has merits after full consideration a no win no fee agreement may be available.