How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I own my property,my partner and I have been together for 2

This answer was rated:

I own my property,my partner and I have been together for 2 years at my address.i have been diagnosed with m.s and epilepsy for some time.if I died from accident or something else,would my girlfriend be entitled to my estate.what would I have to do to make this possible.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If you are not married and do not have any children, your estate will just go to your closest living blood relative (i.e your next of kin).

In order to ensure your estate goes to your partner you would need to prepare a will detailing what portion of your estate you want to bequeath to her.

Can I be of any further assistance?

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you