How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4821
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

Hi, I am enquiring about health legal advice, hope you are

Customer Question

Hi, I am enquiring about health legal advice, hope you are able to help? (long one, im sorry)

I besically have been getting servere migraines for the past year, which have been getting worse and worse to the point that I am getting them on a daily basis and keep having dizzy spells because of this. I have been to the local walk in centre and they have advised that this may be a swelling in the brain, but gave me some pain killers and said to go to see the GP first thing to get referred to the neurologist. I have since been to the GP multiple times and kept him informed that my simptoms are getting more and more servire and they keep giving me different pain killers but not doing anything else. I was then recently referred to Adenbrookes neurologist. The GP however has since cancelled that appointment and said that they are going to try doing something else instead of getting it investigated, however not giving me a reason why they wont get it investigated. They have hinted that this is becuase of the cost to the NHS however will refuse to give me a proper explanation. After speaking with a family member about this, they have suggested that it could be a case for medical negligence. I was however looking for some advice on this please if you are able to help? If not, would you be able to point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance. Jodie
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jodie,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Thank you,

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Sorry nobody has responded to your question.

Take a look at the website

This describes the setup and access of migraine clinics available to you. You do need a referral from your gp or another Dr which can be a Dr from the hospital. I think this site has the info you are looking for and hope it helps.