How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33936
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my partner and i are splitting up, we have 2 children,

Customer Question


my partner  and i are splitting up, we have 2 children, because of the constant threat of violence, i would like to leave the property, the property is owned jointly, i think he may delay selling it, in order, that my savings will be diminished, and therefore will not be able to afford another property. Is there a law that could be bought to bear, that forces him to allow the property to be sold


although, i would like to leave the property, i have no where to go, no family, no support, ideally i would like to make him leave.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the last incidence of violent and have you ever reported the violence to the police?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no never reported it. Too scared! Not so much physical violence hes very threatening behaviour threatens to kill me, screams, you name he does it .

I would go into detail however I understand our responses are public
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children?