How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i jointly own my home with my partner we have 2 children. he

Customer Question

i jointly own my home with my partner we have 2 children.

he is a violent man, i have 2 options, to stay in the house with the children, and some how make him go, or leave with the children. i fear if i leave he will delay, giving me my half of the value of the house, is there a law that will force him, into paying me off/ or forcing him to sell the house.

he is a control, freaking and i think he will use every trick in order to delay the process, in order to exert control, meanwhile all of my savings will be dwindled away, renting,and wont be able to afford a property
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how is worth 270k mortage is 11 k
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How old are the children and how much does a cheaper three bedroomed property cost to buy?
What income do you each have?