How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have tried to find a solicitor to support me in court tomorrow,

This answer was rated:

I have tried to find a solicitor to support me in court tomorrow, i know it is short notice howver nobody has got back to me from the watford area. I have been charged with DD and wondered where i could get support from. I would be very grateful for any advice you could give.


Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a single Mum, of one. i was stopped for speeding and subsequantly breathalist which was over as i had two glasses of wine. I really need my car for getting my son to school and then getting to work. I have never been to court before and i have tried to get a solictor but nobody has got back to me and i am really stressing.

Which court are you in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

St Albans Mag


Tomorrow at 9am.

Do you mean drink driving or dangerous driving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Drink driving.

What was your reading please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The reading was 43!


If that is in breath then that is a very low reading. You are only facing 12 months ban and a fine.

You may be able to use the duty solicitor to mitigate at court.

You will not otherwise get legal aid because there is no realistic risk of custody though.

You can always pay privately. Its not that expensive for a plea in mitigation.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So it will be an automatic ban, would you have any idea roughly how much the fine would be?


Many thanks for your help in this matter.



Yes, if this is drink driving then its a mandatory ban about which the Court has no discretion.

It will only be for the minimum term of 12 months.

If you do the drink driving course you will be offered then you will be able to shave off one quarter from the ban period.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you