How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Hi I paid a £1000 deposit on a second hand car but failed to

Customer Question

Hi I paid a £1000 deposit on a second hand car but failed to get financing! Now I need my deposit back, I spoke to the sales man ( reputable garage in Kent) and he said I could have my deposit back and that he would call me back in half hour however he did not and I called him again today but he is not available, what is my position?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

The deposit can only be non refundable if you are given prior notice of such a condition.

You can either:
1. - Make a money claim on line; or
2. - Make a complaint to trading standards.

I would recommend that you make a formal demand for a return of the deposit in writing before you take any of the above action.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that AJ I will do so.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks.

Any feedback is gratefully received.

Kind regards