How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

After visiting in her premises (after tel. contact)

This answer was rated:

After visiting prostitute in her premises (after tel. contact) I was contacted weeks later by detectives that the premises she was in were being under surveillance at the time, as they were suspected of being a brothel run by organised criminals.

I was told i wasn't in trouble whatsoever, so was asked if i was prepared to give a statement to them so they could build a case against the people who were running the brothel and the more statements they had from the persons visiting the 'brothel' (who were picked up by their surveillance team) then the criminals would cave in and plead guilty and i wouldn't need to give evidence against them etc, and so wouldn't hear anything else about it!!

I declined giving a statement until i could get some legal counsel on the matter.

I certainly do not want to be in court in regard to this as a prosecution witness for the sake of my health, family embarrassment and more possibly intimidation from the criminal organisation running the alleged brothel.

What is the best legal direction for me to take without being seen as being awkward or hindering the police investigation.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.



LondonlawyerJ :

I am sorry my answer appears not to have been sent I will try again.

LondonlawyerJ :

You are under no legal obligation to co-operate with the police, If you sign a statement then the prosecution can force you to attend court to give evidence. If you refuse to attend they can issue a witness summons and if you refuse to answer the summons then they can brig you to court in custody. They are unlikely to be able to hide your identity from the defence and if you give evidence your identity will not be disguised.


ok so if i state this then there will hopefully be no further contact with police or P fiscal's dept?

LondonlawyerJ :

if you say that you do not want to provide a statement that should be the end of it. they can not force you to co-operate.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you