How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in France and am driving legally on my Uk license,however

This answer was rated:

I live in France and am driving legally on my Uk license,however I will be 70 at the end of the year so will have to obtain a French license to enable me to continue driving.
I have my house on the market and when sold will be returning to the Uk.
Will I be able to exchange my French license for a UK one when I return as I will possibly be over the age of 70 by then as it takes quite a while to sell property in France.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

So you need to know if you can drive over 70 in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can do that but you need to renew every three years.

You will find a link here

Every time you renew you are under a duty to report any medical changes obviously.

The fact of a French licence will be issue. You are free to exchange that although in truth it might be better to exchange it first and drive in France upon that and then renew in the UK.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you