How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Landlord has issued Section 21 notice. In middle of court

Customer Question

Landlord has issued Section 21 notice.

In middle of court dispute.

Dispute includes my furniture which he has blocked in and I cannot take it out, or dispose of it as I wish, or sell it, or anyone take it apart to remove.

Dispute also concerns a false statement to court that large sofa which he damaged and which cannot be removed due to size of it is a small 2 seater sofar, instead of a large 3 seater sofa which is obvious.

It is a "notice" and court has asked me to do things in the flat joint with landlord after time notice tells me to evict.

The flat remains unhealthy due to billions of spores and I have to live and sleep elsewhere,

The flat is in middle of dispute. damaged property has to remain at flat if I leave and also evidence of damage, and evidence of lying false statement to court.

What should I do?

And he did not register TDS and it is part of court proceedings dispute.

I need to get out for health and safety. How do I resolve the left furniture and damaged property?

and he wants to now repair disrepair before the order by court for us to get surveyor in by 19th July.

What do you advise?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What is in dispute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is in dispute?


The above.



Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Who is suing who?

What is being claimed? Damages?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am suing him disrepair, harassment, harm, damage to property, threat to disabled and female.


I am not going into the whole of it again.


TDS guidelines say he cannot issue Section 21 while dispute of TDS going through court and not resolved, that is sorted.


but have to move out due to unsafety of flat, but property furniture and items of evidence cannot be moved. Court asks for assessment of evidence but landlord wants me out before evidence collected so he can destroy evidence of damage to property and disrepair.


In limbo.


I have asked him to come to agreement about this part of the dispute TDS damage to property, withholding of property, false statement, and for it to be removed from dispute.


But he wont.


I am not going through the He can do anything he likes, intimidate you, trash and burn your property, threaten you with homelessness and abuse and you cannot do anything about it argument again.


had to sleep outside in tent for weeks due to the toxic spores.



Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, can't help.

I will opt out for others.