How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

i have bought a marble table in agra india during my visit

This answer was rated:

i have bought a marble table in agra india during my visit to that country in january this year. The table was supposed to be delivered within 15 days. on my return i email the company and asked for the table and also called barclays card. since than i have received call from barclays, who have decided that i have lost the case. i have to except the table and pay the dealer and import fess.

the table is with the forwarding company which was delivered on 13/5/14.

i do not want the goods as this was delivered late and i have also found out that i have been over charged by the company in india. please advice

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How much was it please?

£,2023.00 plus £220.99 customers

Alex Watts :

In short you changed your mind about the goods because they were late, is that right?


yes they were late.

Alex Watts : And Barclaycard has refused your claim? What is it you want to achieve?

they have charged me the full amount and the goods are not in my possession. as the goods were delivered late and over valued my the dealer. I do not want the table and want all my transactions canceled

Alex Watts : So you so not have all the goods you paid for?

that is correct. I do not have the table in my possession.

Alex Watts : On what basis did barclaycard refuse the claim?

they have given me a verbal answer saying that goods are in the country. the dealer has discharged their duty. however I have asked for a written answer. which will be sent out within 5 working days


they have asked me to seek help from trading standards as they can not support my claim any longer. hence I had to seek help from yourself.

Alex Watts : You need to write to Barclaycard and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. Say you do not have the goods and that they are liable under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

should I wait for the official letter or can I do it straight away. As I only have a verbal answer and they have put that on my statement.

Alex Watts : Wait until you get the letter. You have 6 years from purchase to bring a claim so plenty of time.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify matters?

yes thank you very much if I need further help. can I contact you.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you