How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been on holiday with a friend for two weeks booking

This answer was rated:

I have been on holiday with a friend for two weeks booking via Hays Travel for a four star hotel in Bulgaria. The hotel was so bad we had to change venue ourselves as we did not suceed in getting any assistance in Bulgaria. On return we went immediately to Hays Travel to complain and obtain either a refund or assistance to get our money Back since they were responsible for booking this particular choise of hotel we were told that they did not do refunds.They accepted ou complaints and photographs of faults. Please do we have any chance of redress?
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Was this a package holiday?

Was the entire booking and payment made through Hays?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The holiday was an all inclusive package, travelling via Bulgarian Holidays but the Hotel choise was by Hays Travel was with a company called U Hotels.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Did you have travel insurance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not have travel insurance as I am 79 years old and unable to obtain insurance

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rate the service speed and answer as brilliant and am delighted at the reply.

Thank you - happy to help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thank you I am very satisfied with the answer I have received

Thank you - very kind.