How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I reacently got a payment for saving only to find it was a

This answer was rated:

I reacently got a payment for saving only to find it was a hundred £ short I have been told they will not pay me as they haven't got it please where do I stand

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

Could you explain exactly what you mean?


I am part of a darts team that save every week I saved nearly 300pounds but was payed 100 hundred pounds short I was told that she wasn't going to pay me as she didn't have it so I would more or less have to put up with it iwant to no what I can do about it

Alex Hughes :

You need to write and set out how much is owed and request a full payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not make the payment you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Hughes :

As the sum is very small the court fee will be £40 and the claim will stay in the small claims court.

Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you