How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What are the laws regarding extending a town boundary line

This answer was rated:

What are the laws regarding extending a town boundary line?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nicola,
I do not need an answer until August 1st. I wish to object to a proposed planning application that results in the existing town boundary being extended to allow for the development, also the area is classed as Green Belt but I believe the council is going to or have changed the area to Brown Belt but there has been no official notification of this. If there is some formal process required it change the boundary I wish to use this as an objection.
Thanks for your help
Greg Mclaren
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Does the Council have a policy in relation to making these changes please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alex
I am not aware of any policy they may have. I have not heard of any. As there is a very large development planned (some 350 houses) they have suddenly said a former Green Belt area is now designated as Brown belt and this development will extend the town boundary considerably. As we wish to object against this development I would like an answer before August the 1st if possible.
Greg mclaren
Greg - you need to ask for a copy of the Policy they should have one and they are expected to have one. You also need to ask for a copy of the development control policy.
This shows what and how they can build. If they do not comply with these policies then you can seek a Judicial Review. This is where a High Court Judge looks at the decision of the Council and decides whether they have acted within the law and the decision is reasonable.
A Judge can agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you