How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Tier 2 dependent is a doctor who wants to work and study

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam, I have an immigration query for a doctor who is currently pursuing MBBS in India and wants to come to UK on a dependent visa, work and study here and she is interested in doing her Post Graduation(MD). I am on Tier 2 General Work Permit, Remarks: Restricted Work and I work as software engineer. I am planning to get married to a MBBS Doctor. So, she will be on a dependent visa when she is in UK. She would like to Work and do Post Graduation here. As per my knowledge, dependents can study and work in UK, but it looks like there are different rules for doctors. Could you please help me with immigration rules for a doctor on Dependent visa in UK? Can the doctor take PLAB test on dependent visa in the UK or Abroad? Once she completes the PLAB test, can she work/study without restrictions in UK? I would like to get more detailed information for Tier 2 Dependent doctor, so that I can make sure that she can work in UK as a doctor? Could you please direct me in the right path so that there won't be any problems for her to Work/study in UK as dependent? could you please tell me how can I get entry clearance for her to work and also to study PG as doctor in UK on a Tier 2 Dependent visa? Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for getting back to me.I would wait for an answer some more time.



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,