How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my son has a court summons to attend a court on driving offences

This answer was rated:

my son has a court summons to attend a court on driving offences but the court has the wrong dob down could this make a difference

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

In truth it does not.

The Court might amend it to the correct date of birth if that is a raised issue.

However, even if the date of birth is entirely wrong and wildly inaccurate it would make no difference to the fact of the prosecution and its ability to be brought I'm afraid.

In terms of the summons, there is case law upon what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you could not understand it was for him and clearly it is for him.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you