How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have lived in my house in a quiet cul de sac for 20 years.

This answer was rated:

I have lived in my house in a quiet cul de sac for 20 years. There is a small industrial estate within a few hundred yards, but this has never been a problem as they were very quiet in the evenings and at weekends. For the last 6 months or thereabouts I have been plagued by and droning noise at night and now the weekends 24 seven. At first I thought that it was within my house, and has someone check the overhead water tanks, but it is not them.

I now realise that one of the companies on the industrial estate has installed a dust extraction fan, and having walked past it the other evening I believe this is where the noise is emanating from.

Is there anything I can do about this, as I am getting very little sleep at night as the droning keeps me awake until the early hours, and I feel this is detrimental to my health and well being?

Thank you I Appreciate your advice

The easiest thing to do would be to contact your local authority and complain about this noise, they have the power to take action against the owner of the premises emitting the noise by issuing them with an abatement notice.

This will be the most effective option as otherwise you may need to appoint a solicitor to take the matter up which will cost you legal fees.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you