How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I took voluntary bankruptcy in 1998. I surrended insurance

This answer was rated:

I took voluntary bankruptcy in 1998. I surrended insurance policies but now I understand that some of these may have been in trust for my then underage children. I am receiving correspondence regarding these policies from th insurers now asking me to complete claim forms.. Am I or my children entitled to these monies
Yes, your children or you may be entitled to receive payouts from these policies and you should complete the claim forms and send them in to the insurers.
This may be a windfall as you were not expecting any payouts for these old policies.
Hope this helps. May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you