How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello, i am getting marry on the 26th of july 2014, and i paid

This answer was rated:

Hello, i am getting marry on the 26th of july 2014, and i paid a company name bridal caprice £1650 for a made to measure wedding dress, and during my first fitting i notice she use the wrong fabric to start of with....i complaint about this and she promise me in my second fitting she will change it to the correct fabric.....and still carrying on making the wrong wedding dress for me....i complaint that i am running out of time and i still dont have a wedding i request to get my refund back in full....she massage me saying i can only get 50% of my money back which is £825 and up till this very moment i haven't got my refund back and still dont have a wedding dress as i need my refund back so help me to purchase for a ready made wedding dress....i called and massage but no return of call or massage back from her....please advice me on what to do.....i am very confuse and stress.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex please can you help me put the words together so i can post it out tomorrow morning....because i am not thinking straight right now

Alex Watts : Just need to set out your position as you have done here.
Alex Watts : Then ask for your money back or say you will go to court.
Alex Watts : But you have been able to state the facts here, you should just it again.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

okay i will do so and let you know her response if i do get a reply from her.


thank you


one more question please....can i send it via email or post it?


and must it be 14days?

Alex Watts : Post is better recorded delivery.
Alex Watts : you need to give a reasonable time. You could give 7 days.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

yes thank you

Alex Watts : Great, if I could invite you to rate my answer before you go.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you please do say.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click rely,.
Alex Watts : @ reply @
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you