How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a residential landlord. Following a county court claim(PCOL)

This answer was rated:

I am a residential landlord. Following a county court claim(PCOL) I was granted possession of my property , tenant refused to vacate by due date , warrant of possession application was made to evict him using bailiffs, tenants vacated just before bailiffs were due to attend.bailiffs are due to attend on 4 august but tenant has vacated .
On checking PCOL history on line the following information is available. It shows claim has been transferred out or cancelled pre judgement. I wouldn't want the tenant to get away with unpaid rent and no county court judgements as previously it showed judgements against the tenant and that he owed me money(unpaid rent for 4-5 months) which he was ordered to ay. Webpage shows info as follows , Could you advice if this is what would happen once bailiffs were due to attend or has the claim actually been stuck ouT!! I already had a judgement against the tenant showing up before I instructed court bailiffs

Claim History
TRANSFERRED Transfer Out Pre Judgment N/A
Claim has been transferred, withdrawn or Struck Out. No actions available.

Created Ini
08-07-2014 Court Interim Return On Warrant Appointment Fixed for Possession PDF Document EX96 English
30-06-2014 Court Transfer Out Pre Judgment
30-06-2014 Court Final Return On Warrant Warrant Suspended by order
06-06-2014 Court Issue Warrant Of Possession

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you ask for judgment on the arrears please?
Alex Watts : And costs?

The judge awarded judgement on arrears and costs just under 5k, when i instructed bailiffs it was to evict him not to recover monies owed to me

Alex Watts : Have you spoken with the helpline?

I can ring bow county court, they are engaged for long periods and do not seem to have option of speaking to anyone about the claim. I suppose I can write to county court manager

Alex Watts : I would call the court, or email. It may be a simple mistake.
Alex Watts : Otherwise write to the court manager.
Alex Watts : If none of that works you need to make a formal application.
Alex Watts : You don't want to do this as there is a cost.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I am happy to do anything necessary how do I make a formal application, if this becomes necessary . Many Thanks

Alex Watts : Form n244
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Thank you

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you