How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

When I marry my Chinese girlfriend in England on The 30th Aug

This answer was rated:

When I marry my Chinese girlfriend in England on The 30th Aug 2014 will she be able to stay in this country as my wife. Her present visa expires on the 14th December 2014.
What visa is she currently on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My future wifes visa is a six month visitors visa.She arrived here on the 14th June 2014 it is valid until 14th December 2014. I would like to know what I have to do to enable her to stay in this country has my wife.

I am afraid no, she is not allowed to switch to a spouse visa even if she marries you as she is on a visit visa
She would need to go back home and apply for a spouse settlement visa. She is also not permitted to marry you on a visitor visa as this visa is strictly for visiting, not getting married.
All the best. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you