Hi. Im seperated from my wife. We have a 7month old baby girl.

Hi. Im seperated from my wife. We have a 7month old baby girl. My ex has another 2 chikdren of her own 11 and 8. I pay £50 every week to my ex for our baby and on regular weekly occurances i buy extra nappies food clothes and other stuff needed for my daughter. This is not a problem whatsoever as i will always provide for my onky child. Im just abit confused as ive recieved a message off her asking if i will help with the childcare as she has gone back to work part time. She is saying what she earns goes on childcare. The school holidays r coming and there will be 3 kids she has to pay for. I just dont no much about how it works could u please advise. Thank u very much David Howe
How much do you actually earn Gross per week/month
What contact do you have with your child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Roughly 30grand and i c her from 2-8hrs on a saturday and 2-8hours on a sunday depending on circumstances. This is not the issue or paying maintainance. Im just questioning if i should be paying for childcare when she goes to work. I think she gets money for ir

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

30000 gross and i see her sat and sun anywhere between 2-8 hours depending if she has any plans. I pay maintainance everyweek. This is not a problem i jyst want to no if i should be paying towards childcare aswell cos my ex has gone back to work. She making out its something i have to do

May I just check - does her ex also pay maintenance for his children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Through the csa i think. I just have an agreement with her

What you are paying is below the rate that would be set by the CMS (new CSA) - details here
If you were paying the full amount then it would be reasonable to point out that you have no obligation to pay anything extra - but as things stand you may wish to consider offering a contribution
Please ask if you need further details