How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We have had a claim against us via the county court business

This answer was rated:

We have had a claim against us via the county court business centre for monies owed to us deducted from a reservation fee as per our legal agreement held with the client. Client is trying to reclaim money via the courts, we will dispute his claim, do we need to counterclaim the fee amount?

You do not need to counterclaim the amount, you simply need to defend the claim on the basis that you are justified in deducting the reservation fee on the basis of the legal agreement with the claimant.

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. If I have any other questions I will get back to you

Mel Gore

Welcome. Please leave feedback for the answer given.