How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I moved out of a property over a month ago. On the inventory

This answer was rated:

I moved out of a property over a month ago. On the inventory check out various items were listed as tenant to pay for. I think some of these items are not correct and unfair. How do I appeal against the inventory clerk report? How can I get my deposit back- I have contacted the agent however they say they need the landlords agreement. It's over a month surely there is a time limit for them to come back to me if they are going to make deductions ?

There is no formal process for appealing against this, you simply write a letter to the inventory clerk, copied to the landlord and the agents to say that you do not accept the findings of the inventory report and dispute the charges and give the landlord say 14 days to refund your deposit.

If your landlord still refuses to refund your deposit, you may lodge a dispute if the deposit is protected in a deposit protection scheme or you may file a court claim, easiest to do so is online at for the refund of the money.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you