How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive been separated from my partner for 18 months and have had

Customer Question

Ive been separated from my partner for 18 months and have had regular contact with our daughter by phone, skype and having her for weekends. I took her on holiday for a week, a month ago and since returning our daughter to her mum, she has made contact more and more difficult. To the point now where she is not answering my phone calls or texts. What can i do. I live in Birmingham and My ex lives in West Sussex. Please help as im getting more and more worried, as my partner has six dogs, 4 of which are imported from europe which she looks after until perminant homes can be found. My daughter was bit on the stomach just before i took her on holiday, of which i took a photo. my daughter is 3 in september, and it was her that said it was a bite but my ex said it was a scratch, even though it certainly looks like bite marks. Please Please i need some help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was there a set pattern of contact - if so when was it next due?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there was no set pattern, due to the distance between us. It would be arranged on a week by week basis depending on when i have to work, But i would have my daughter, Rubi, at least once or twice a month Friday to Sunday. And nearly every day would speak on the phone or video chat,Skype.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
the starting point is to offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (
If that fails then you will have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out your contact so that it can be enforced if need be
You can read more here
With regard to the bite only you know how concerned you actually are.
If you think that the child is at real risk you may need to contact social services but ONLY do that if you have real fear for her
Please ask if you need further details