How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My next door neighbour in a terraced rented property I own,

Customer Question

My next door neighbour in a terraced rented property I own, has built a very large dormer window right across the back of his property. I may be able to catch him out on some aspects but basically this is 'permitted development' class B. He has built slightly over the boundary. He has taken it over the ridge of an original extension which connects with the main roof, and taken away beautiful Victorian ridge tiles which are shared between us. He also has a ladder on my main roof. He has not informed us at any stage even though I know he has my email. I've phoned and emailed the planners and am waiting for a reply. My fears are that it may simply be a boundary dispute which would cost me greatly to defend. Surly there is some redress to a boundary disputes caused by permitted development as this development is very large and quite simply hideous. My neighbour is a nasty and violent man (criminal record for knife crime) and i'm somewhat afraid. Please can you give me advice on the best way to proceed.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I have been so long to reply but I thought as I could not send my email you were unable to contact me so I have found other advice. Please can you cancel my question and return the £36 I've paid you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why have you sent me this? I replied a few hours ago to say I wanted to cancel the question as I have had to get further advice. I would like my money back but have just received an email requesting all sorts of information I'm not willing to give. You should be able to trace my payment and give me a refund without all this information. I have gone through your refunds site to apply for a refund by the way.