How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71040
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

can the police help me find my sisters new address as i have

This answer was rated:

can the police help me find my sisters new address as i have lost contact with her.
not spoken with her since 2005. Our sister ANN died in may 2005

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Why do you need to make contact with her please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my sister died in may.


So why is that a police matter?

Is there a suspicious death ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO , I was informed that the police can find her and ask her to contact me.


It is fair to say that the police could do that in principle.

However, they will not in practice. Its just plain not police work. The police are law enforcement agents. They enforce the criminal law. They do have a certain pastoral duty as well - eg. missing persons etc.

That said, this is just plain relatives that have lost contact which is not the remit of the police.

That is not to say that you cannot try. You might find an officer willing to go the extra mile.

The other alternative though is a tracing agent. They are cheap enough now.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you